I must first apologize that for the past two weeks I have been stricken with a terrible bacterial respiratory infection. At one point it actually went into my eyes, and the doctor prescribed an eye drop that did more damage because of the reaction I had to it. I was prescribed a different antibiotic eye drop and am able to read and, therefore write again. I do believe I am being attacked by the evil one because this next entry is about the doctrine of Satan. I am sure he does not want anyone to know God’s truth from His word about him. Especially in these Last Days. I am hearing on FOX Cable News this morning (you may not hear it on the lamestream networks-I believe they work for satan) that Morsi, President of Egypt has just declared himself as Pharaoh. Need I say more?
As I mentioned at the beginning of these entries, these are studies that our preacher at our church has been teaching us over the past year or so. They are directly from God’s Word of Truth, The Holy Bible, the uncorrupted King James Version. The next section of study is on Angelology – The Doctrine of Angels. Most of us are aware that satan was once an angel, so the truth of his beginning and end is part of this study. I have decided to get this all in one post instead of breaking it into parts. Please take your time and study at your own pace. Though long, it is so well worth your time and effort.
I rebuke you satan and your evil minions from me and this witness for my God YHWH!
The Doctrine of Satan
I. His Existence
A. Doubted by the World – Ninety-four percent of Americans believe in a Supreme Being. Only forty percent believe in Satan. (AFA Journal, February, 1997) Perhaps it is easier for some to deny his existence than to face their fears and turn to God and His power to overcome. We also know that he does not bother anyone who is not a threat to him.
B. Portrayed by the World as a Fictitious Character – He is thought to be a medieval two-horned, fork-tailed impish creature, dressed in red flannel underwear. “If I were the devil, I would deny my existence in the world and down-play it in the local Church, thus freeing me to go about my business unheeded, unhindered and unchecked!” (The Baptist Bulletin, December 1971, page 13) Are we not seeing the consequences of this happening in our churches?
C. Declared by the Bible
1. The devil is mentioned in 7 Old Testament books – Genesis, 1 Chronicles, Job, Psalms, Isaiah, Ezekiel and Zechariah.
2. He is found in 19 New Testament books, and is referred to by every New Testament writer – Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Ephesians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 1 John, Jude, Revelation.
3. He is mentioned by the Lord Jesus Christ some 15 times! A few examples – Matthew 4:10 “Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” Matthew 16:23 “But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” Matthew 25:41 “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:” Luke 10:18 “And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.” Luke 22:31 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.” John 8:44 ” Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
II. His Origin and Being
A. Created by God – Colossians 1:16, Revelation 4:11, Revelation 10:6, Ezekiel 28:12-15 “Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.” Study of Ezekiel 28:12-19:
1. “Thou sealest up the sum,” – Ezekiel 28:12. He was the epitome of God’s creation. God never created anything finer.
2. “Full of wisdom,” – Ezekiel 28:12. He did not need to learn wisdom, was created with fullness of wisdom. Now corrupted – verse 17 “Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.”
3. Perfect inbeauty,”- led to his prideful heart and downfall, verse 17. Also study Proverbs 16:18. His beauty is described in verse 13a. (Physical beauty is often depicted in Scripture as vanity – 2 Samuel 14:25, Proverbs 6:25, Proverbs 31:30, Matthew 5:28.) Remember, satan is a beautiful creature! Though he is really a cherubim, he transforms himself as an angel of light – 2 Corinthians 11:14 “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.” He is not an ugly monster with a pitchfork in his hand. Many people are destroyed by the devil because they are looking for the wrong person.
4. “Thy tabrets..thy pipes was prepared in thee…,”verse 13b. Satan did not have to learn to play a musical instrument, he was a musical instrument. Thus, many forms of music today are satanic. Some are of God, some are of the devil (see Exodus 32:17-26). No other angels, seraphims or cherubims are said to be musical or singing.
5. “Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth…,”verses 14, 16. A cherub was a special kind of being whose purpose was to protect God’s holiness. “Covereth” in Hebrew means to protect, to fence in, defend. Exodus 25:19-20 as on the mercy seat, the cherubs were to cover the mercy seat.
6. “Thou wast upon the Holy mountain of God,”verse 14b. Satan had the most exalted position of any created being.
7. “Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou was created…,”- verse 15. Originally, satan was a perfect creature, right up until he became a self-created sinner.
8. He is a real person with a celestial body – 1 Corinthians 15:39-40 “All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.”
9. He possesses intelligence – 2 Corinthians 2:11 “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.” 2 Corinthians 11:3 “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”
10. He possesses memory, he quoted Psalms 91:11-12 to Christ on the mount of temptation. (Matthew 4:5-6, Luke 4:9-11)
11. He possesses a will – Isaiah 14:13-15 “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.” 2 Timothy 2:26 “And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.”
12. He possesses emotions: desire – Luke 22:31 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat”, pride – Isaiah 14:13-14 “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:”, and wrath - Revelation 12:12 “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
13. He possesses organizational ability – The Bible speaks of Satan’s:
a. Synagogues – Revelation 2:9 “I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.”
b. Doctrines – 1 Timothy 4:1 “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.”
i. Revolt of 1/3 of the angels with him – Revelation 12:4 “And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.”
ii. Will organize the last revolt – Revelation 20:7-9 “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”
iii. Subjected Job to systematic trials – Job 1-2.
iv. Has his system of evil government – Ephesians 6:11-12 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
v. His schemes are called the “depths of satan” – Revelation 2:24 “But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.”
III. His Rebellion and Sin
A. Iniquity was revealed in Isaiah 14:13-14 “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” Note the 5 “I wills” of satan: “I” – the first sin was pride. “…will” – the second sin was rebellion. Each “I will” has significance.
1. “I will ascend into heaven.” Obviously, the third heaven where God is – 2 Corinthians 12:2
2. “I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.” Satan desiring the worship of all the angels, sometimes called stars – Revelation 1:20; 12:4
3. “I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.” Satan wanted the worship of all God’s creatures (congregation) from the place where God sits. Consider Psalms 48:2 regarding the sides of the north. “Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.”
4. “I will ascend above the height of the clouds.” Probably a reference to wanting to be above God Himself – Nahum 1:3 “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.”
5. “I will be like the most High.” Hebrew El-Elyon, which means “the strongest strong one.” Satan did not use one of the many caring names that God has, but rather one of ruling by strength. satan does not care about us, He just wants to rule us. He, thus, was a self-created sinner who exercised his free-will in pride and rebellion against God Most High.
IV. His Revolt
A. Led a third part of the angels in rebellion against God (Revelation 12:4 “And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.” Stars and angels are the same in this text, Revelation 1:20 “The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.”)
B. They gave their allegiance to satan – Revelation 12:7 “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels.”
C. Considered after the revolt to be satan’s angels and no longer. God’s angels – Revelation 12:7-9 “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
V. His Methods and Devices – Ephesians 6:11 tells us to stand against the wiles of the devil. Wiles comes from the Greek word “Methodeia” from which we get the understanding of the word to mean “methods.”
A. His Methods – General Works
1. Perverts God’s word, by changing it and questioning it – Genesis 3:1-5 “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.”
a. “Doctrines of devils” 1 Timothy 4:1
b. “Father of lies” – John 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
c. Inspires “lying wonders” – 2 Thessalonians 2:9 “Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders.”
d. Steals the good seed – Matthew 13:19
e. Sows evil seed among us – Matthew 13:38-39
f. Blinds the minds of unbelievers – 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
2. Seeks to Destroy the Unsaved
a. Has dominion over sinners – Acts 26:18 “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” John 13:2 “And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him” Ephesians 2:2 “Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience”
b. Inflicts with disease – Luke 13:16 “And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?”
c. Afflicts the soul and body – Luke 9:1-2 “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.”
d. Has the power of death – Hebrews 2:14 “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;”
e. Seeks “to steal, kill and destroy” John 10:10 “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
3. Seeks to Render the Righteous Useless to God’s Work:
a. By affliction – Job 1:12; 2:4-7
b. By wrestling with us – Ephesians 6:12
c. By tempting to disobedience – 1 Chronicles 21:1 “And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.” Genesis 3:4-5
d. By slander – Job 1:9-11 “Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.”
e. By accusation – Revelation 12:9-10 “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”
f. By hindering – Zechariah 3:1 “And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.” 1 Thessalonians 2:18 “Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.”
g. By devouring us – 1 Peter 5:8 “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”
h. By instigating us to sin – Acts 5:3 “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?”
4. Imitates Religion
a. Preaches “another Jesus, another spirit, another gospel” – 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” This is happening today in many of our churches.
b. Has false apostles and false teachers – 2 Corinthians 11:13 “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.” Anyone can go on the internet and become so-called “ordained minister.” They are false teachers.
c. Presents himself as an “angel of light” to deceive those looking for the true light – 2 Corinthians 11:14 “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.” Many are too easily deceived these days.
d. Transforms his ministers as “ministers of righteousness” – 2 Corinthians 11:15 “Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.” This makes me think of the homosexuals who get ordained and teach others in their churches that their lifestyle, which is an abomination to God, is okay with God. They will answer to God in the end.
B. His Devices – Specific Works – 2 Corinthians 2:11 tells us not to be ignorant of his devices. Devices are plans, schemes, tricks. The devil’s devices change with the ages (for instance, evil television shows were not a device of satan 100 years ago.) They change with the times and with every individual person. He has a particular will for every human being – 2 Timothy 2:24-26 “And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.” He, being full of wisdom, uses different devices on each person and in each circumstance to distract us from fulfilling God’s will. Some of the devil’s devices in our day may include, but are not limited to:
1. He tempts us to substitute good things for the best things. “Family time” instead of “Church time,” or “Sunday is my only day off to fix up the house,” etc.
2. He tempts us to focus on imperfections of other Christians rather than their good points.
3. He tempts us to focus on people rather than on Jesus.
4. He tempts us with numerous distractions such as sports, music, hobbies, TV, movies, parties, picnics, vacations, and money-making, to keep us from attending to main things.
5. He tempts us to look at the temporal (temporary) rather than the eternal (eternity), looking at the here and now.
6. He tempts us to get discouraged with one particular weakness or temptation to the point of giving up.
7. He tempts us to think that we are strong enough not to need prayer and daily food from God’s Word.
8. He tempts us to think that our problems are bigger than God.
9. He tempts us to think that God’s methods are outdated and that they will not work today.
10. He tempts us to procrastinate.
11. He tempts us to fear the future, resulting in worry, care, anxiety, etc.
12. He tempts us to fear people, making us afraid to witness to them.
13. He tempts us to think that someone else will do it.
14. He tempts us to think that it is not our job (Soulwinning, caring for others, giving money, bringing people to church, etc.)
15. He tempts us to think that commandments are “callings.” (Soulwinning, etc.)
16. He tempts us to think that “God made me this way,” and I cannot change.
17. He tempts us to think that we are too young or too old.
18. He tempts us to question God’s ownership of us. Satan deleted “Lord” from “Lord God” when he addressed Eve in Genesis 3:1-5.
19. He tempts us to think that we do not know enough to do a certain job for God.
20. He tempts us to focus on our inadequacies, “Why would God use me?”
21. He tempts us to move too soon.
22. He tempts us to fear failure.
There are many devices of the devil. These are just a few suggestions. I know I can certainly relate to many of them. I am sure you can think of more, “Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.” (2 Corinthians 2:11) Do not be ignorant of these devices of Satan today! Identify them and overcome them! God will help you; all you have to do is ask Him.
A. Jesus called satan the “prince” of this world. Prince means “first in rank or power,” “chief ruler” – John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11
B. The Pharisees called satan Beelzebub, the “Prince of the devils” Matthew 9:34, 12:24 “But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.” Mark 3:22-24 “And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan? And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.”
C. Paul called the devil “the prince of the power of the air” (the prevailing spirit among mankind) Ephesians 2:2.
D. Paul also called satan “the god of this world” in 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.
E. Jesus declared plainly that satan has a kingdom – Matthew 12:26 “And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?” See also Luke 11:18
F. Satan plainly claimed ownership of all the kingdoms of the world and their glory – Matthew 4:8-9 “Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.” See also Luke 4:5-7.
G. Satan’s kingdom is fourfold – (Ephesians 6:12 “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”)
1. Principalities – are chiefs in various orders of place or ranks. Example, “prince of Persia” who resisted Daniel’s prayer and fought with Michael the archangel – Daniel 10:10-13 “And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.” Also, the God of battles would fight also the “prince of Grecia” – Daniel 10:20 “Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.” Plus, the “prince of Tyrus” in Ezekiel 28:2.
2. Powers – are “governments, authorities, powers of influence” on earth, the spirit of antichrist that permeates the world even now – 1 John 4:3 “And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”
3. Rulers of the darkness of this world – humans in governments that are tools the devil is using. Also, who is not aware of the Illuminati who have been around for centuries?
4. Spiritual wickedness in high places – humans in religions that are tools the devil is using, religious leaders – 2 Corinthians 11:13-14 “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.” “High places” is a common phrase in the Old Testament to false religious worship and idolatry.
VII. His Demise and Destruction
A. Foretold by Jesus – Luke 10:18 “And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
B. Will be cast out of Heaven (Revelation 12:7-10) as the result of a future war in Heaven between Michael and his angels and the devil and his angels. “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”
C. He will come to earth in greater wrath than ever – Revelation 12:12 “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
D. He will enjoy the pinnacle of his kingdom and being worshipped for a short time on earth – Revelation 13:4 “And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?” Revelation 16:2 “And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” Revelation 19:20 “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.”
E. Satan will be bound for 1000 years in a bottomless pit – Revelation 20:2-3 “And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”
F. He will be “loosed” for a short time and will “deceive the nations” of the earth to fight against God – Revelation 20:7-9 “And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.” The battle will be very short-lived!
G. He will be cast into the lake of fire to be tormented day and night forever and ever – Revelation 20:10 “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” Isaiah 14:15-19 “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house. But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.” Matthew 25:41 “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:”
As we read above, hell has been prepared for “the devil and his angels” not for mankind. Unfortunately, many will choose to reject God’s gift of salvation in Christ and choose to spend eternity in hell with satan and his angel-devils. Part of the eternal torment in hell will be because those there will be able to see those of us who received Christ communing in paradise with Him, and “too little too late” regret that they rejected Him for eternity. I have been told by some that they believe God’s word to be a fable and not true, they have their own ‘religion.’ My question is always, “are you willing to take that chance?”
- The Falling Away (lynleahz.com)
- Revelation 1-3 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- The Demons Cried (cfcspn.com)
- Revelation 10-12 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Eternal Punishment (stocktonbiblechapel.org)