A. The Judgment of the Nations Before the Millennium – It is Prophesied that…
1. Christ will Rule the Nations of the World Someday – “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” (Isaiah 9:6, 7) Read also Psalms 2; Revelation 11:15; Revelation 12:5; Revelation 19:5, 6; Revelation 19:15.
2. Christ Will Share His Reign – “Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.” (Matthew 24:46, 47) See also Matthew 25:14-23 and 2 Timothy 2:12. We must be found faithful, wise, and suffering for His sake. See 2 Timothy 3:12. Christ will be the Head, but we will share this reign:
a. We shall reign over the nations with a rod of iron – “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.” (Revelation 2:26, 27)
b. We shall reign on the earth – “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” (Revelation 5:9, 10)
c. We may be placed in authority over cities or perhaps a nation (Luke 19:11-19)
d. We shall reign for 1000 years – “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4-6) Those who will rule with Christ as priests are not restricted to those coming out of the Tribulation period, but will include all the faithful in Christ from every age. The second death is being cast into hell – “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.” (Revelation 20:14)
B. The Judgment of the Nations After the Millennium
1. The Nations Shall be Judged – “When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:” (Matthew 25:31, 32) See also Psalms 9:17 and Romans 11:26.
2. Individual Cities Shall be Judged – “And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence… And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.” (Matthew 10:11, 14, 15) Read also Matthew 11:21-24. This judgment of cities could take place during the tribulation period. Christians should strive to be the salt of the earth where they live.
- What is the Great White Throne Judgment? (prophecyfortoday.org)
- A Short Course on Revelation (omharris.com)
- Jesus is the Christ (poormakingmanyrich.com)